Post training several PMP Aspirants, it was found that the most pressing question they had is “don’t know where to begin the journey”. Do we begin with a complete study of the PMBOK® Guide or to get the 35 contact hours of Project Management or to fill in the online application form?
The below outlines recommended the sequence leading to certification:
- Don’t read the PMBOK® Guide on your own, get the face-to-face classroom lecture and online courses. from a course that help you prepare for the exam (referred as exam prep course), there are lots of choice ranging from
- Purchase/borrow all the required including the PMBOK® Guide, at least one reference book and some practice/mock exams.
- . You will need to describe your working experience in PMI’s terms and the prep course you have taken will help you finish the application form easily.
- after you have received confirmation from PMI or passed the audit, if applicable.
- Study hard for the exam with your study materials. Working on as many as practice exams as possible.
- Pass the exam.
- Begin earning PDUs for your 3-year re-certification cycle.
- Following the above sequence will allow you to go through the certification process in the most logical and easiest way.